Dipmeter and Borehole Image Logging
Borehole imaging tools provide an image of the borehole wall that is typically based on physical property contrasts. There are currently a wide variety of imaging tools available, though these predominately fall into two categories: resistivity and acoustic imaging tools. The application of image logs in our industry has long been undervalued or not fully appreciated. The interpretation of images is a skill that needs to be learned and the best way to do so is with some of the industries’ leading interpreters. Borehole images, both wireline and LWD can fill a vital data gap between core and seismic data.
- Definitions, Tools, theory of the dipmeter and borehole images.
- Types of the borehole images.
- Image Processing and quality control.
- Interpretation techniques.
- Petrophysical interpretation of borehole images.
- Structural interpretation of the dipmeter and borehole images.
- Fracture description from borehole images and dipmeter data.
- Stratigraphic, Sedimentologic interpretation and facies creation based on borehole images and dipmeter.
- Facies association and depositional modeling.
Petrophysicists, reservoir engineers, exploration and development geologists, core and log analysts, geophysicists, drilling and completion engineers, and oil company research and development staff.