Open hole logging & Formation Evaluation
(Using Petrophysical Application)
This course is designed to introduce types of Wireline logs and the simple analysis of the data they provide. The following sections cover the theory behind the operation of each tool, how each tool operates its advantages and limitations, and its main applications. There is a huge number of tools available in the industry, lots to be covered individually. As follows:
- Principles, log presentation, environmental corrections and applications of SP and GR logs.
- Classification and principles of resistivity logs (conventional resistivity, induction, and Laterologs).
- Environmental corrections and general application of all resistivity logs.
- Types, principles and environmental corrections of porosity logging tools; Density, Sonic and Neutron logs.
- General applications of Neutron, Density and Sonic Logs.
- Principles and applications of LDT and NGS logs.
- Principles and applications of Caliper logs.
- Principles and applications of Temperature logs.
- Introduction to Geology:
- Petroleum System – Elements & Processes.
- Basic Concepts.
- Introduction to well logging:
- Basic log interpretation concepts & Logging Evolution.
- Basic Logging Setup.
- Data types and Integration.
- Mechanical Tools:
- Caliper (CAL).
- Lithology Tools:
- Temperature Log.
- Spontaneous potential.
- Gamma Ray.
- Porosity Tools:
- Sonic tools.
- Density tools & LDT.
- Neutron tools.
- Lithological Identification Using (Neutron-Density) Combination.
- Resistivity Tools:
- Induction logs.
- Micro logs.
- High-Resolution Induction Tools.
- Array Induction Tools.
- Project setup and Loading well data
- View well data in log plot.
- Environmental Correction.
- Depth Match.
- Curve Splicing.
- Lithology identification.
- Reservoir zonation.
- Create temperature curve & temperature gradient.
- Determination of fundamental parameters.
- Shale volume calculations.
- Determination of clay minerals.
- Porosity models & calculation methods.
- Saturation models & calculation methods.
- Cut-off and Summation.
- Cross plots for Lithology, porosity and oil/water/gas saturation.
- Reserve estimation & recoverable Sh calculations.
- Quanti.Elan (Mineral solver analysis).
- Geometric framework of the reservoir interpretation.
- Qualitative and quantitative description of rock and fluid properties.
- Flow surveillance – monitoring of reservoir saturation and pressure.
- Seismic Reservoir characterization Data :- seismic interpretation , seismic inversion , AVO, multicomponent , 4-D seismic , seismic stratigraphy , seismic reservoir evaluation, shared earth modeling ( static & dynamic model ) , rock properties , reservoir fluid properties , oil and gas reserves .
Petrophysicists, Geoscientists, Geophysicists, Engineers, Managers and Supervisors.