This course covers the key aspects of basin analysis and subsequent basin and petroleum systems modeling from input to output. We will discuss basin evolution beginning with plate tectonics, all the way to petroleum generation and migration. We will look at how risks and uncertainties influence our understanding of the petroleum systems within a basin and how we can quantify those uncertainties.
- Introduction to Sedimentary Basins
- Basin Forming Mechanisms
- Basin Classification and Structural Analysis
- Basin Fill
- Geochemical Analysis
- Temperatures and Pressures in Sedimentary Basins
- Petroleum System Modeling
- The Petroleum Systems Modeling Approach
- Hydrocarbon Generation
- Hydrocarbon Migration
- Uncertainty Management and Quantification
- Geoscientists involved in Petroleum Systems Modeling, anyone wanting to know more about the Petroleum Systems Modeling approach.